Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Slow cooker teriyaki chicken is chicken breasts cooked with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey, then shredded and drizzled with sauce. Serve over rice for an easy yet satisfying crock pot dinner!
To make it, you need the following ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (or leg quarters)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Put chicken in the crockpot.
- In a medium bowl mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over chicken and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, chop into cubes, and set aside.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a skillet and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and water until combined.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture to boiling liquid and reduce to a simmer. Allow sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes then toss the chicken back in.
- Coat chicken with sauce and let heat through.