Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie
This is very impressive !! If you’re in need of fresh-baked homemade pie, look no further than this best lemon meringue pie recipe a shot and you’ll be glad you did !! The meringue recipe for this lemon pie makes a great topping for any kind of pie you bake !! Plus, the meringue piles high and holds its shape.
You’ll need these ingredients to make this:
- Lemons, : 2 (juiced and zested)
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Egg yolks: 4 (beaten)
- Pie crust: 1 (9 inch) (baked)
- Egg whites: 4
- White sugar: 6 tablespoons
- White sugar: 1 cup
- All-purpose flour: 2 tablespoons
- Cornstarch: 3 tablespoons
- Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
- Water: 1 1/2 cups
1. To begin with, set the temperature of your oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the Lemon Filling, whisk together 1 cup of sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan then stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Immediately cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. And please stir in butter. You should place egg yolks in a small bowl, whisking in gradually 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture.
3. At this point, be sure to whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture, bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Alright now, you may remove from heat and pour filling into baked pastry shell.
4. To make the Meringue, whip egg whites in a large glass or metal bowl until foamy. You can then add sugar gradually, and keep whipping until stiff peaks form. Meringue should be spread over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
5. To finish, you’ll want to bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.