How to make Christmas Crack
Christmas Crack is amazing, chocolaty, crispy and very addictive! That’s why it’s widely knows as Christmas crack. It is an easy recipe which takes less than half an hour (30 mins). I personally can’t get enough, it’s addictive and is hands down my favorite thing that I’ve made in all the Christmas baking I’ve done this year!!
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Toffee Baking Bits
- 1/3 Cup Christmas M&M’s
- 1 Sleeve of Saltine Crackers (approx)
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Line a pan with tinfoil sprayed with Pam (or any kind of oil spray) and place crackers, salt side up on the tray – you may have to cut some in half to get them to fill the entire tray properly.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add the brown sugar. Bring it to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes whisking constantly. Once the sauce has thickened a bit, pour it over the saltines (spread around with a spatula to coat all the crackers).
- Bake for about 5 minutes until it is bubbling. Take the tray out of the oven and pour chocolate chips evenly over your crackers. Pop back into the oven for about 2 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven – the chocolate chips should be very soft. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate around to coat the cracker/brown sugar layers completely.
- Immediately scatter your toffee bits and M&M’s over the chocolate layer and place pan into the fridge to set.
- Once the layers have all set and are solid, you can peel the tinfoil off the underside and break the Christmas Crack into pieces.